Friday, March 15, 2013

College Acceptance/Reason for Major


I was recently accepted to the University of Delaware.  This was my first choice so I was very happy when I figured out I had finally been accepted.  Not only did I apply to the University of Delaware, but I also applied for the engineering program.  When I received my acceptance letter along with it came my acceptance into their environmental engineering program as well. I have always been interested in the environment and preserving it.  I personally love to be outdoors and doing things outside as opposed to sitting inside and watching television or playing games. Since I was little I have always loved to go fishing.  Fishing is one of my favorite hobbies and I love to do it during the summer.  There is a pond directly next to my dad’s house and I walk there whenever I have free time in the summer so I can fish.  In the pond I have caught bass, catfish, and turtles.  Every single time I catch a fish it is always an exciting experience and the thrill of the surprise is what really keeps me fishing.  Last summer I had spent an entire sitting around the pond and hadn’t caught one fish.  But right when I was getting ready to leave I had a huge bite on the line and when I began to reel it in I realized that it was a catfish.  This was the first catfish I had ever caught and I was really surprised when I pulled it out of the water.  Fishing is not only a fun pastime but it is also a good way to relax.  Whenever I was in a bad mood or I was mad I would go fishing and it would help me calm down.  Something about sitting around a pond on a nice summer day just waiting for a bite is tranquil.  Fishing will always be one of my favorite things to do and will always be a good way for me to get away from everything.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations! College is so much better than HS.
    My dad (also engineer, but mechanical) took us fishing all the time. I made him take my kids too! good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete