Thursday, January 3, 2013

College Choice


When first deciding what colleges you want to attend there are many different aspects you have to look at.  The first for me was whether or not I wanted to go far away from home or stay close to my family.  For me this was an easy decision, I want to stay close to home because my family is very important to me and I would get homesick if I moved far away.  Another important aspect about college selection is the size of the college you would like to attend.  I personally am okay with a big college and with getting to know new people but for some they prefer the personal level a smaller college can provide.  When I had to decide what college to apply to I made up my mind that I wanted to go to the University of Delaware.  I have two sisters and 2 step-brothers who have attended UD and have heard nothing but high praise for the institution.  I know it will be a lot of work and dedication to succeed there but I feel like that is the best choice of a college for me.  I am interested in going into the engineering program at UD and majoring in environmental engineering or environmental sciences.  The course study at UD for the engineering program is very rigorous and time-consuming but I feel like it will be well worth it later in life.  I hope to enjoy my time attending the University of Delaware by equally dividing my time between study and fun.  Lastly while attending UD I would like to participate in intramural basketball and have fun when I am not keeping up with my schoolwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment